1. Verify the URL scheme
- Sign in your Taplytics Dashboard
- Select your project/app
- Check your URL scheme In Settings > Project Settings
Email/Text: if pairing using Email/Text, confirm that the URL scheme in the Email/Text link matches the URL scheme from the dashboard:
For iOS, it should have been added to URL Type in XCode's Build Info panel, with Identifier: com.taplytics. Also verify that the scheme setting has carried over in the plist.
For Android, it should have been added to your manifest in its own intent filter.
<data android:scheme="YOUR URL SCHEME"/>
2. Check the code
- For iOS, verify the openURL function. Check the iOS advanced pairing code here.
- For Android, verify the handleDeepLink function and if the app uses single top activities, ensure the onNewIntent function is present. Check the Android advanced pairing code here.
3. If you have both a dev and prod build installed on your device, delete one of the builds to pair your device with the target build
4. If pairing using Email/Text, try to click on the pairing link after force closing the app. You may also try clicking on the pairing link while the app is running in the background.
5. If you're still unable to pair your device after going through these steps, do not hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.